Grand Junction Dentures Dentist
Dentures for a strong, confident smile!
Eat, speak, smile with confidence
Are you struggling with missing teeth? Dentures can help restore your smile and improve your quality of life by allowing you to eat, speak, and smile easily. At Jacobson Family Dental, we offer a wide range of options to improve your smile. Contact us to begin your journey to a confident and functional smile.
Are dentures right for you?
The benefits of choosing dentures include…
- Improving self-confidence in your appearance
- Regaining the ability to enjoy your favorite foods
- Comfortable and natural-looking
- Cost-effective alternative to dental implants
At Jacobson Family Dental, we’re happy to help you determine if dentures are the best option for your dental health and future.
Our approach to dentures
Dentures can be a great solution to replace missing teeth and restore your oral health and smile. They’re a durable tooth replacement option that closely resembles your natural teeth.
Here are a few denture treatments we offer:
These are used to replace a full set of missing upper or lower teeth. They rest on the gums and are held in place by natural suction or with the help of a dental adhesive.
These are used to replace one or more missing teeth. They are attached to a metal frame and held in place by clasps that attach to remaining natural teeth.
These are made in advance and placed in the patient’s mouth immediately after removing natural teeth. They provide temporary replacement teeth while the patient’s gums heal.
These are complete or partial dentures designed to fit over remaining natural teeth or dental implants.
Made from a thin, flexible material that conforms to the shape of the gums for a comfortable fit.
These are supported by dental implants that are surgically placed in the jawbone to provide a stable foundation for the dentures.
What to Expect
1. Meet with Dr. Jacobson to examine your mouth and discuss restoration options.
2. Determine which dentures are the best option for you.
3. If you choose implant-supported dentures, a bone graft may be required to establish a stable foundation for your implant.
4. After healing, biocompatible implants will be surgically placed in your jaw and given time to heal.
5. Dr. Jacobson will take a model of your mouth and gums, and a skilled dental technician will craft your custom-made denture prosthesis.
6. Your final prosthetic will be expertly adjusted to ensure a comfortable fit and a beautiful smile.
Dr. David Jacobson
“People come to see us because we provide great service, patients will send friends and family.”
FAQ about dentures
How do I adjust to wearing dentures?
Some tips to aid in adjusting to new dentures include:
- Gradually progress from soft to harder foods and chew on both sides.
- Utilize your back teeth for chewing to prevent denture dislodgement.
- Consider using adhesives until you become comfortable with controlling your tongue and lips.
- Sore spots on the gums may occur during the adjustment period. If this happens, rinse the mouth with warm salt water and schedule an appointment with your dentist for adjustments.
How do I care for my dentures?
- Brush them with a soft-bristled brush and mild soap or denture cleaner to remove food particles and plaque.
- Rinse the dentures thoroughly before putting them back in your mouth.
- Soak the dentures overnight in water or a cleaning solution to keep them from drying out and remove any bacteria or plaque.
- Handle the dentures carefully to avoid cracking or chipping them.
- Visit your dentist regularly for check-ups and to ensure the dentures fit properly.
When should I replace dentures?
It is recommended to replace dentures every 5-7 years. Regular visits to your dentist are important for checking the fit of the dentures, providing denture care and hygiene advice, and identifying any potential issues.
Which ones are better: traditional dentures or implant dentures?
Traditional dentures aren’t permanent and may require some time to adjust to. These dentures may also restrict the types of foods that can be consumed and do not provide support for the jawbone. If many teeth are missing, an implant-supported option may be recommended for better jaw health and an improved overall lifestyle.
Why patients choose us
You’re in good hands.
Recovering your smile is a huge step — our team will make it an easy experience.
Worried about going to the dentist? We’ll make sure you feel at ease.
We’re known for providing high-quality care and great results from start to finish.
We Accept Insurance
We are in-network with many major insurance companies, including Delta Dental and Medicare Advantage plans. We’re happy to submit claims for out-of-network plans, too.
Contact our office with questions and to learn more.
Join our family of patients
“Great experience every time. Dr. Jacobson is so gentle, detail-oriented, and kind. He explains everything in detail. His staff is friendly, caring, and personable.”
— Marilyn C.
M-W: 9:00 AM-5:00 PM
Alternating Th-F: 9:00 AM-5:00 PM